Sunday, August 22, 2010

Friday (or day two)

Ok, no pictures for this one either. Friday was relatively uneventful. Mom and I, packed up Elektra and headed off for Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The drive there was nothing really special until we got into Star Valley- the home town of one of my very best friends, Ashley Watkins! I called her as soon as I got there but she works in Jackson so she was waiting for us there. Also, we stopped at the cheese factory and bought some cheese and fudge. This is where we made a DISCOVERY! It turns out huckleberry fudge and cheese go fantastically together! no joke. I'm not even kidding. Its delicious. It tones down the sickly sweet of the fudge so you can actually taste the flavor better. Love it! Ok, on to Jackson. After checking in at our Hotel which was super easy to find, thank goodness, we met up with Ashley for dinner and then it was time for band practice. It went well except for one great big disapointment- DeAnne (the pipe major) asked me to sit out for the timed medley. Dangit! oh well, at least I still got to play in the march medley. After that, mom and I wandered around Jackson a bit but pretty much everything in Jackson closes at about nine. Lame, yeah? Ok, here's the depressing serious business. This is at the end of my stupid long post so only my serious loyal readers will get to see it. Remember the confusing crazy obnoxious guy mentioned before? I don't know if I said before, his name is Matt. Well I've been feeling for a long time its time to end things for good. Well officially, anyway. I think they were ended (on my part, anyway) we just hadn't said anything. Well I asked to him to call me that night and we had a talk. So now, it is, without a shadow of a doubt, finished. It kind of sucks, even now, I'm feeling a melancholy loss even though I would never in a million years go back. I feel good about it but I do still care about the guy, dangit. why does that have to happen?? So i'm sad, relieved, concerned, and still have a little lingering frustration about it. Still not quite back to my old carefree self but I'm sure I'll get there in time.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

i like the updates...sorry to hear about the guy situation, and you will think about him for a long time I'm sure, but eventually you'll forget about him. i promise that too. love you.

Emily said...

thank you, Michelle! Thanks for the chat- we need to talk more often