Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day one

Ok, here it goes. I'm going to break up my weekend my days so it won't be so overwhelming to write. Or to read, for that matter. And since the first part of my adventures has no pictures, I will write about it now :) how does that sound? good.
So In case some of you didn't know, I happen to play the bagpipes and I am in a bagpipe band called The Utah Pipe Band- and every year we compete all over the place. One of the places we compete is Jackson Hole! Usually I just mooch a ride off somebody in the band but this is the first year I have had a car and I thought- hey. I have a car, that means I could drive!- but I didn't want to make the five hour drive up to Jackson all on my lonesome to I got a member of the band, Carlos (who is a recent high school graduate who thinks i'm the wierdest person on earth) to come with my but two days before he bailed. So I gave in and decided to mooch a ride and go with Ellie and Claudia which I was not looking forward to. Let me tell you something about Ellie and Claudia. They are two older women who play tenor drum together and they never. stop. talking. They are both very sweet nice ladies but if complaing were a sport, they could get gold medals! I think they just do it because it gives them something to talk about. Also, they were leaving super really early in the morning and I am a firm believer in sleeping in. SO. At the last minute, I magically somehow got my mom to come with me! that is right. The night before my trip, mother decided she would tag along so that we could take my car and sleep in a little bit. Problem solved! and that is that. for now.

No comments: