Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Zombies

Okey Doke. So its late, and I'm tired and probably not thinking right. But I'm going to blog about this with a request that you guys leave comments about your opinions. Not that tons of people read this or anything. But if you comment I'll know you read this.

In the last few days I have been to three different haunted houses. Thats more than I've been to in my entire life. Haunted houses are scary but they're fun scary, right? You go through creepy hallways and people jump out at you or there are scary props and you scream and jump and then laugh about it three seconds later, right? But there a few things that just give you a dark feeling. The things that don't scare you. They just make you feel sick. Zombies are one of those things for me. Spooky monsters or gory things never got me in that dark way. But things that have to do with human mutation do.

It occurred to me twice in the last few days that a lot of things used in haunted houses, if they were in a movie would be rated R. So if I have a standard of not watching rated R movies because of whats in them, how do I justify going to something that has those things in them even if it's not a movie? One of those things was zombies. Zombies are one of those things that have always scared me. Some people are creeped out by ghosts or vampires. I'm terrified of zombies. Even though they aren't real. I thought about why for the first time tonight.

Humans are created in Gods image. We are his children; potential Gods. Now take that and turn it into a Zombie or a rabid human or any other sick mutation. Its purely evil. When I said that to Adam he said you have to remember that with zombies, its technically not a human anymore. But even when the spirit is gone, that body is still one of Gods sacred creations. Making it into a zombie would take that beautiful creation and turn it into a monster: a tool of the devil. Imagine you. Your body that is so important to you being a zombie? It's not ok.

You could say the same things with just about any human mutation. Anything that takes the human mind or body or spirit and turns it into a devilish monster is just wrong. Think about that and now think about the millions of people that use that kind of thing for entertainment to get a thrill or are just fascinated by it. It's sick and twisted.

What do you think? Agree, disagree? Different points of view? Comments? I want to know what you think.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hey! I read your blog, so I will comment... :)

On the spectrum of Halloween things, the ones on the tame end are usually fine for me. A cute little Frankenstein doll or a sign on my front door about a witch aren't meant to be scary, so to me they're okay, even though technically one's about a monster made with human pieces and one is referencing witchcraft. They're not supposed to be scary.

I don't like the things that are SUPPOSED to legitimately freak you out, whatever they might be (movies, books, video games, decorations, some haunted houses, etc.). It's a bad feeling, so I stay away from them.