Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My creeper boss.

Ok, my boss isn't really a creeper but I thought he was for a few minutes. Here's the story. As we all know, I'm going on my mission in a couple weeks. So I quit my job a few weeks early to give me some extra time to get ready. Plus, I'm just sick of my job. But I do love the people there!

For a while I was in charge of quality. Meaning I check ten percent of the work everyone does to make sure people are doing their jobs right. Every Friday we have a QC (I think that stands for quality check) meeting. Well, when my boss found out I was going to be leaving he had me train someone else and when that person was trained and comfortable doing my job, they took me off it and put me back on production. I also stopped going to QC meetings.

Well the last Friday before I quit, for some reason they invited me to the QC meeting. This didn't make a bit of sense to me but I went thinking they just wanted me to be able to say good bye to people and whatnot. We turned it into a little party and brought food and candy.

When I got back, Jeanette came and talked to me to say goodbye and congratulate me on my mission. While I was talking to her, my boss was standing there. I thought that was odd because he usually doesn't just stand around. When Jeanette left, he kept standing there. I went to my locker and he kept just standing there. Then he followed me back to the call floor not saying anything. Just following me around. Creepy, right?

When I got into the call floor he pulled me into the dark break room

and

SURPRISE!!!

They were having a party for me! Everyone I knew from work and then some were packed into the break room. Even my bosses bosses boss was there and gave a speech about what a good employee I am and how I set a "standard of professionalism that the company is striving for."

I think that's a little bit higher praise than what I deserve but it was very nice. They also made a cool card for me that everyone signed and gave me a paid lunch. It was awesome! Thanks so much everyone!!



This is just about everyone I work with. Or did work with, I guess.


This picture I just thought was cool. They wanted me to be in the middle but I was trying not to stand in front of anyone so I squated down. I was joking but he really took the picture while I was moving. It looks like I'm striking some kind of rock star pose or something. I'm basically famous now.

No comments: