Monday, September 6, 2010

When did I get here?

I've been thinking recently here and there how much I have changed in the last few years. I remember being a shy, quiet ten-year-old who played with stuffed animals and like to pretend she was a horse or cat with her friends and colored with crayons and always kept her hair in a tight pony tail. At that age, my brothers were starting to drive and go on dates. It seemed it would be an eternity before I reached that monumental point in my life. The thought of even speaking to members of the opposite sex who were not related to me was horrendous and wierd. I used to be very quiet. I kept to myself and didn't talk much about what I thought or did. I was content to observe others; to listen to conversations but rarely join in unless asked and then give an embarrassed short answer. Now, years later I am at that unreachable age. The one I thought would never come- and where is it going?? Where once, as a child, time seemed to creep along- now it rushes past me and I hardly have time to glimpse a picture of my own life before its in the past. Now I drive to work everyday like its the most common thing in the world- which it is. how strange. I've graduated from high school and a trade college. I am no longer the quiet, reserved girl I used to be. I talk about the details of my life like handing out candy at a parade- candy that before I would have kept close and never let anyone know I had. I think I could now be considered "outgoing"- A concept that before was strange and foreign to me. I am becoming somewhat practiced at "juggling boys" as Ashley would say- although I seem to be dropping them more than juggling them at this point. Looking back, I'm not sure when these changes took place. Some of them I like and some of them I don't. I'm just not sure when I got here.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

it's funny that you say all of this...because I think back to you being very shy and reserved...and I see how you have changed a lot....I think I was kind of the same as you at those ages....I guess it is just a way of growing. Don't worry about dropping the guys....if they are worth it, you'll keep them up in the air. I promise.