Sunday, July 6, 2014

I can do art good

This semester I'm taking a design and color class. I must admit, design has never been a strength of mine. I just like to do what looks good, and sometimes that doesn't match up with acceptable  norms. I also sometimes have difficulty seeing those accepted principles in other peoples work. It either looks good or it doesn't, and it's all a matter of opinion. So half for quite a lot of this class, I feel like I have been "guessing." Meaning I just draw something that I think looks kind of good, and hope it meets the requirements. So it came as a surprise and a little boost to my pride bubble when my teacher informed me that he would be using my pieces for project examples next semester!


These may look simple, but each of them took HOURS! (that may or may not have something to do with the fact that I've picked up a habit of watching movies while I paint. Sometimes I spend more time watching the movie than painting) These were meant to show the principles of dominance and subordination. Apparently I achieved that goal. Yay!

No comments: